Swallowtail Farm takes great pride in growing excellent garlic, free from all pesticides and herbicides. While not Certified Organic, we use organic farming practices. It is that excellence and attention to its cultivation that has earned us awards of excellence.
Eastern Ontario Reserve Champion Producers & Award Winners at the Carp Garlic Festival!
FOR THE 2019 HARVEST WE ARE GROWING:
Rocambole………………….Marino, Italian Purple, French Rocambole & Alison Porcelain…………………..Georgia Crystal, Music, Susan Delafields and Great Northern.
Purple Stripe……………..Red Russian
Purple Stripe Marble… Eureka Myrtis
HARDNECK GARLIC VARIETIES:
Garlic is either soft neck or hard neck. We grow mostly hard neck, especially suited to our cold winters. In that category, there are several types or families. We grow Rocambole, Porcelain, Purple Stripe, Purple Stripe Marble & Artichoke . All our garlic is good for seed or planting garlic and eating or table garlic.
- 6-11 large cloves, skins that peel easily, deep full-bodied exceptional flavour.
- Average 7 cloves.
- Good keeper.
- Available for 2019: Italian Purple, French Rocambole, Marino & Alison
- Strong vigorous plant 4-6 large cloves, beautiful large bulb with a fairly thick white wrapper.
- Easy to peel, large cloves are good for roasting.
- Available for 2019: Great Northern, Susan Delafields, Music and Georgia Crystal.
PURPLE STRIPE & PURPLE STRIPE MARBLE:
- Vivid purple stripes on the bulb wrappers, average 8 cloves per bulb.
- Strong, complex, rich flavour not overpowering. Excellent for roasting.
- Purple stripe garlic makes beautiful garlic braids.
- Available for 2019: Red Russian, Eureka Myrtis
- Artichoke Garlic is a soft neck garlic great for braids.
- Milder tasting garlic & has three or more layers of cloves
- Large white bulbs with many light coloured cloves, very prolific and tasty garlic. Excellent keeper.
- Available for 2019: Portugeorge (a selection from Al Picketts at Eureka Garlic in PEI)
We may have limited quantities of some of our garlics. Please inquire. Some varieties will be retired this year. A good chance to get some outstanding garlic for table and seed. We are simplifying our number of varieties.
To order garlic, please contact us at (613) 264-0809 or use the form below.[si-contact-form form=’1′]