Swallowtail Farm takes great pride in growing excellent garlic, free from all pesticides and herbicides. While not Certified Organic, we use organic farming practices. It is that excellence and attention to its cultivation that has earned us awards of excellence.
Eastern Ontario Reserve Champion Producers & Award Winners at the Carp Garlic Festival!
FOR THE 2020 HARVEST WE ARE GROWING:
Rocambole………………….Marino & French Rocambole
Porcelain………………….. Music, Susan Delafields & Great Northern,
Purple Stripe……………..Russian Red
Purple Stripe Marble… Eureka Myrtis, Metechi (Purple Russian)
HARDNECK GARLIC VARIETIES:
Garlic is either soft neck or hard neck. We grow mostly hard neck, especially suited to our cold winters. In that category, there are several types or families. We grow Rocambole, Porcelain, Purple Stripe & Purple Stripe Marble. All our garlic is good for seed or planting garlic and eating or table garlic.
- 6-11 large cloves, skins that peel easily, deep full-bodied exceptional flavour.
- Average 7 cloves.
- Good keeper.
- Available for 2020: French Rocambole, Marino .
- Strong vigorous plant 4-6 large cloves, beautiful large bulb with a fairly thick white wrapper.
- Easy to peel, large cloves are good for roasting.
- Available for 2020: Great Northern, Susan Delafields & Music.
PURPLE STRIPE & PURPLE STRIPE MARBLE:
- Vivid purple stripes on the bulb wrappers, average 8 cloves per bulb.
- Strong, complex, rich flavour not overpowering. Excellent for roasting.
- Purple stripe garlic makes beautiful garlic braids.
- Available for 2020: Russian Red, Eureka Myrtis, Metechi (Purple Russian).
We may have limited quantities of some of our garlics. Please inquire.
To order garlic, please contact us at (613) 264-0809 or use the form below.[si-contact-form form=’1′]