Swallowtail Farm takes great pride in growing excellent garlic, free from all pesticides and herbicides. While not Certified Organic, we use organic farming practices. It is that excellence and attention to its cultivation that has earned us awards of excellence.
Eastern Ontario Reserve Champion Producers & Award Winners at the Carp Garlic Festival!
FOR THE 2021 HARVEST WE ARE GROWING:
Porcelain– Music, Susan Delafields, Great Northern. Also Azores (limited quantities).
Purple Stripe–Uzbek (limited quantities)
Purple Stripe Marble–Red Russian
HARDNECK GARLIC VARIETIES:
Garlic is either soft neck or hard neck. We grow hard neck, especially suited to our cold winters. In that category, there are several types or families. We grow Rocambole, Porcelain, Purple Stripe & Purple Stripe Marble. All our garlic is good for seed or planting garlic and eating or table garlic.
- 6-11 large cloves, skins that peel easily, deep full-bodied exceptional flavour.
- Average 7 cloves.
- Good keeper.
- Available for 2021: Marino.
- Strong vigorous plant 4-6 large cloves, beautiful large bulb with a fairly thick white wrapper.
- Easy to peel, large cloves are good for roasting.
- Available for 2021: Great Northern, Susan Delafields, Music. Azores in limited quantities
PURPLE STRIPE & PURPLE STRIPE MARBLE:
- Vivid purple stripes on the bulb wrappers, average 8 cloves per bulb.
- Strong, complex, rich flavour not overpowering. Excellent for roasting.
- Purple stripe garlic makes beautiful garlic braids.
- Available for 2021: Red Russian, Uzbek in limited quantities.
Look here for pricing for Seed and Table garlic. We may have limited quantities of some of our garlics. Please inquire.
To order garlic, please contact us at (613) 264-0809 or use the form below. We will contact you with pricing, shipping, and payment options. Be sure to fill out all required fields, thank-you