Swallowtail Farm takes great pride in growing excellent garlic, free from all pesticides and herbicides. While not Certified Organic, we use organic farming practices. It is that excellence and attention to its cultivation that has earned us awards of excellence.
Eastern Ontario Reserve Champion Producers & Award Winners at the Carp Garlic Festival!
FOR THE 2023 HARVEST WE ARE GROWING:
Porcelain– Music, Azores.
Purple Stripe–Red Russian, Guatemala Ikeda
HARDNECK GARLIC VARIETIES:
Garlic is either soft neck or hard neck. We grow hard neck, especially suited to our cold winters. In that category, there are several types or families. We grow Rocambole, Porcelain, Purple Stripe & Purple Stripe Marble. All our garlic is good for seed or planting garlic and eating or table garlic.
- 6-11 large cloves, skins that peel easily, deep full-bodied exceptional flavour.
- Average 7 cloves.
- Good keeper.
- Available for 2023: Marino.
- Strong vigorous plant 4-6 large cloves, beautiful large bulb with a fairly thick white wrapper.
- Easy to peel, large cloves are good for roasting.
- Available for 2023: Music, Azores
PURPLE STRIPE & PURPLE STRIPE MARBLE:
- Vivid purple stripes on the bulb wrappers, average 8 cloves per bulb.
- Strong, complex, rich flavour not overpowering. Excellent for roasting.
- Purple stripe garlic makes beautiful garlic braids.
- Available for 2023: Red Russian, Guatemala Ikeda.
Look here for pricing for Seed and Table garlic. We may have limited quantities of some of our garlics. Please inquire.
To order garlic, please contact us at (613) 264-0809 or use the form below. We will contact you with pricing, shipping, and payment options. Be sure to fill out all required fields, thank-you